The 6lb anti tank gun was first introduced into the desert in 1942 where there was a tradition of mounting anti tank guns on the beds of trucks for transportation and for firing . Various vehicles were adapted for this purpose but this is a 30 cwt Cheverolet mounted porte and as usual the Pithead model comes supplied with a gun crew.
A successful adaptation of the Canadian Ram tank chassis mounting a 25lb Howitzer. Issued to Artillery Regiments of armoured divisions from 1944.
The Achilles was a British adaptation of the American M10 tank destroyer rearmed with the potent 17lb anti tank gun. Issued to the anti tank regiments of Armoured Divisions from early 1944 in time for the Normandy invasion.
The Wasp MkIIc was a Canadian adaptation of the Universal carrier equipped with a flame thrower. It was issued to Medium Machine Gun support companies in the 21st Army Group during the latter stages of the war and proved very effective in evicting enemy troops from defended buildings. The MkIIc was fitted with additional plastic armour to enable it to withstand German 20mm cannon fire.
The Bishop was the result of the need for a HE gun that was able accompany armored units to shell to Axis anti tank gun lines and enemy strong points. The vehicle was based on a Valentine tank chassis and was armed with the 25lb gun howitzer. It was seen..
Ninety M7 Priests were supplied to the British army in North Africa in time for the second battle of El Alamein . They later served in the Italian campaign until they were replaced by the Canadian built Sexton in 1944. The vehicles were issued to artillery regiments of armored divisions. This version is equipped with Sand shields like those used in the desert battles and Italy.
The Archer 17lb SP was a potent anti tank weapon issued to anti tank regiments of Infantry Divisions at a level of one troop per battery from late 1944 onwards both in Northern Europe and Italy.